Every individual who may officially be involved under the name of Authority in Christ Ministries anywhere in the world, believes as follows:
1. We believe in an Eternal, Omnipresent, Omniscient, All-Seeing Creator God who is a Divine Trinity, as referred to in 1 John 5:7: “For there are THREE that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Ghost: and these THREE are ONE.”
2. We believe in Jesus Christ as the only begotten, unique Son of God, who is the ONLY Savior, Redeemer and Messiah of the world, as referred to in John 3:16:“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”, and in John 14:6:“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” We believe that Jesus is also GOD who became flesh, died on a cross for our sins, was resurrected from the grave by God and who ascended to heaven to sit at the right hand of God, from where He will return for His saints to be with Him in all eternity.
3. We believe in the Holy Spirit as an absolute part of the Trinity of God and as such also God, as referred to in 1 John 5:7, and we believe that He is the Comforter sent to us by Jesus after His ascension, as referred to in John 16:7-13:“Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment… Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.”
4. We believe in the infallible Word of God which stands eternally in heaven, as referred to in Psalms 119:89: “For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven”, and as contained in the Bible, which can be read and understood as it is written, according to 2 Corinthians 1:13: “For we write none other things unto you, than what ye read or acknowledge; and I trust ye shall acknowledge even to the end…”
5. We believe that the 1611 Authorized King James Version of the Holy Bible is presently the only English Bible which was translated from the original Received Texts which confirms God’s Trinity, Jesus’ Godliness and certain Biblical truths.
6. We belong to and submit ourselves to Jesus Christ and to the BODY of Jesus Christ, and to the “church of the firstborn” as referred to in Hebrews 12:22,23:“But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY AND CHURCH OF THE FIRSTBORN, WHICH ARE WRITTEN IN HEAVEN, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect…”
7. We believe in the Great Commission given by Jesus Christ as contained inMatthew 28:19,20: “Go ye therefore, and teach ALL NATIONS, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
8. We believe that “all nations” means exactly that, irrelevant of their race, creed, nation or skin color and therefore we share the message of salvation in our Lord and Messiah, Jesus Christ with any of those races or nations anywhere in the world. We DO NOT BELIEVE that only white people have hope of salvation, or that only the whites are the true “Israelites” who descended from the “lost tribes” of Israel.
9. We believe that the physical nation of Israel, including the Jews of today, are still God’s chosen people and that those who pray for the inner peace of the people of Jerusalem will be blessed, as referred to in Psalms 122:6: “Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.” We believe that the church of today is part of the spiritual Israel, who have just as many spiritual promises to hold on to and to live out in the Kingdom of God, as those which the physical Israel have, and that the church and Israel have a joint roll to play in God’s Kingdom in these end-times we live in. We DO NOT BELIEVE in the so-called “Replacement Theology” which states that no further promises in the Bible are applicable to the physical Israel any longer and that the church has “replaced” the physical Israel today.
10. We believe that satan and his demon spirits are a definite reality, that we are in a spiritual battle with them and that we must resist them as the Bible teaches inEphesians 6:12:“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” And also in James 4:7: “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” And also in1 Peter 5:8,9: “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith…”
11. We believe that heaven is an eternal wonderful reality where every person that has received the Lord Jesus Christ will IMMEDIATELY go to the day they die, while hell is an eternal terrifying reality where every person that has not received Jesus Christ will immediately go to when they die and that they will be there for ever.
12. We believe that NO SINGLE Christian church denomination in the world today has the full truth regarding the Word of God, as the Bible is clear that we all know in part, (1 Corinthians 13:9+12 – “For WE KNOW IN PART, and we prophesy in part…. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known…”) no matter who we are, and that is the reason why we should walk in a spiritual unity with each other and why we must be willing to learn from each other in order to see and understand the bigger picture in a better way.
13. We believe that we are no longer under the CURSE of the law, but that the instructions and commandments of God, including all ten of the Ten Commandments are still applicable to us today as a result of the personal relationship we have with Him, seen in the light of Jeremiah 31:33: “But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS, AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.” And also in the light of Jesus’ own words in Matthew 5:17-19: “Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”
14. We believe and acknowledge that the Hebrew Names of God is an absolute fact, namely Yahweh for the Father as the Covenant God, Yeshua ha Mashiach for Jesus our Messiah and Ruach Haqodesh for the Holy Spirit, but we DO NOT BELIEVE that we are condemned if we still honor and exalt Him in English as God, Lord, Jesus Christ, or Holy Spirit.
tiaan gildenhuys, Authority in Christ Ministries, Pretoria, RSA